Who is this website for?
This blog is dedicated to women who have survived a difficult childhood where they were subject to
- emotional abuse,
- physical abuse,
- sexual abuse or
- neglect [= failure to provide for a childs emotional, physical, medical or educational needs and/or lack of protection from (potential) harm].
The goal of this blog is to help you to better understand yourself and to provide you with self-help tools for your healing journey.
If you aren’t sure whether you had a rough childhood or not, please take the Adverse Childhood Experiences Test and find out how you score.
Rebecca, why do you think that you are qualified to talk about such a challenging topic?
Actually, I do have some formal qualification in this field: In the year 2004 I have finished my Masters degree in Pedagogy at a German university and during my studies I attended lots of psychology and sociology courses relating to child development, child welfare, mental health, substance abuse, psychotherapy and relaxation techniques. In 2016 I have also received training as a solution focused life coach at Erickson International College.
In addition to that, I have some first-hand life experience with growing up under difficult circumstances, since my parents are divorced and I was raised by a single mother.
How did you get the idea for this site?
Since the internet went mainstream in the year 1998 I have always wanted to start my own blog, but I could never decide which subject to write about. The topic of this blog was inspired by a Youtube Video with the title “Good and Bad Childhoods“.
After watching the video in August 2017 I realized that I did not have any specific go-to-website that exclusively deals with recovery from a bad childhood. With my blog, I want to fill the void, support former victims of child abuse and child neglect, break the cycle of abuse and raise awareness, that this problem is still far from being solved.
Please tell us 10 random things about you!
- I have lived most of my life in Germany, however, as an adult I have spent nearly four years in Great Britain.
- I once did six weeks of backpacking in Thailand. On my own.
- My favourite subjects at school were German, English, Biology and Psychology.
- I have moved 13 times in my life.
- I have travelled to the US once (east coast).
- I am an introvert with great intuition.
- I was raised Catholic but now I am an evangelical Christian who believes in salvation through faith alone.
- I love Chinese, Thai and Mongolian food.
- I have finished high school as one of the top 10 students of my year.
- My Myer Briggs personality test result is INTJ.
How can we get in touch with you on social media?
You can follow me on Facebook .